Happy Sunday, everyone.
I like to take Sundays super slow. I take my mornings easy with a french press on my bedside table and SNL from the night before on my TV. It’s so refreshing to just take a day and do your own thing. There’s also nothing more refreshing to me than freshly made juice to reset my week.
I absolutely love carrot juice. We buy 5 lb bags of carrots every few weeks because the dogs love to eat them as a substitute for bones! When we can’t get through the bag before they are about to go bad, juicing is a great use for them.
This carrot juice is sweeter than you expect because it’s also got juice from an orange and some ginger to give it a more complex flavor.
The best part is – you don’t even need a juicer! I don’t have one, myself. I just use my blender, a fine mesh strainer, and a bowl to catch juice in!
Watch this demo to learn how. Otherwise, if you have a juicer you’d like to use, go for it! The instructions will cater to those using a blender/strainer combo, though.
- 3 large carrots, washed (I don’t peel mine, and you don’t have to!)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled
- Juice from (1) large navel orange
- 1 cup water
- Chop your carrots into 1″ thick pieces, and place into a blender.
- Add the ginger & water, and blend on high until smooth.
- Set your strainer over a mixing bowl, and pour the smoothie mixture over the strainer. Use a spatula or spoon to press as much juice out as possible.
- Slice your orange in half and squeeze the juice out into the bowl with the rest of your juice.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately! This recipe makes approx. (1) 12-oz serving of juice.
**Save the dry pulp from the carrots & ginger and use it to make Carrot Cake Oats for breakfast!