Carrot cake gets a lot of unnecessary hate! If you can sneak vegetables into my cake, then please, by all means, sneak them in.
It’s also always been my favorite flavor of cake! I think it’s because I’m just a fan of these fall spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and ginger…mmm.
This is one of my favorite new recipes because it reduces food waste.
Instead of using fresh carrots, I use the leftover pulp from my Carrot Juice! These two recipes combined are the perfect combo for a Sunday morning. Start off by making fresh juice, then follow it up with spiced oats. Sounds perfect to me!
These oats are sweetened completely naturally and by whole foods. If you prefer your oats a little more sweet, you could add in some date sugar or maple syrup.
Alright, let’s get cooking.
- 1 recipe leftover pulp from my Carrot Juice
- 1 cup oats (your choice – I used a combo of rolled and steel cut)
- 2 cups water
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash of allspice (a teensy dash!)
- Optional: Walnuts for topping
- Mix all ingredients except optional nuts into a pot and cook on medium-high heat until oats are cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately or separate into mason jars and reheat in the morning.
- Optional: top with chopped walnuts